Intention Setting can be thought of as:
- Making a statement involving a personally held guiding principle, authentic desire or spiritual ideal.
- A statement expressing purpose, intent and attitude, from a place of personal alignment, feeling and wholeness.
Intention setting involves:
- Looking internally. Intention setting comes from the heart and is based on your internal feelings and desires.
- Thinking about what matters most to you. Finding out what you truly want.
- Letting go of any attachment to a specific outcome and instead, staying in alignment with your values.
- Dealing with any fears or negative thinking that gets in the way of those values.
- Coming from a place of gratitude, for where you are now and where you know you are going.
When Intention setting, you can:
- Connect your intention closely to your core values and thoughts. Your intention should come from your personal perspective.
- Use simple words and phrases that you want to align yourself with. e.g. Give and receive love, bravely step forward, peace and love.
- Make positive intentions, avoiding any negative words such as can’t, won’t. Use ‘start’ not ‘stop’, ‘will’ not ‘won’t’ etc.
- Base your life goals on the intentions you set, allowing their unfoldment without any attachment or feeling any stress attached to them.
- Use S.M.A.R.T. Goals as a process, while staying in alignment with your highest intentions.
Your intentions are the desires behind your goals. This energetic intention sent out to the universe combined with your actions on your goals is what powers their ultimate manifestation.
Have you ever got up in the morning and just wondered how you ended up with the life you have? Do you feel stuck in the same rut and routine, day after day, week after week, year after year? Are … More…
Here’s the thing, you’re just not going to like everyone you meet. Sometimes, the feeling will be mutual. Sometimes, you meet someone who just gets up your back. You instantly dislike each other and can barely avoid showing it. Other … More…
It is easy to give up the ghost when things don’t go your way. Like me, I know that you have been in situations where a difficult challenge has deflated your motivation and made it hard to keep going. Life … More…
Your beliefs about yourself and your life have more power over you than you can possibly imagine. The ideas and values you have held for a long time can block your way toward the life you truly desire. Here are … More…
If you often have definite ideas about how things are or how you think they should be, you’ve probably been told by someone to “keep an open mind.” Having, or developing, an open mind is important to everyone’s success in … More…
It goes without saying that, with the continuing coronavirus situation, many of us will be feeling powerless and frustrated, not knowing what will happen next or where this will all go. At other points in your life, you’ve no doubt … More…