Journaling can be thought of as a way of:
- Writing down your thoughts and feelings for the purpose of self-reflection, self-analysis and self-discovery.
- Improving yourself by improving your perspective of your world, and your place within it.
Journaling is one of the oldest forms of self-help. When journaling, you can:
- Develop more understanding of self and self-compassion.
- Adopt a solution-oriented approach to your issues and challenges.
- Deal fearlessly with your traumas.
- Reflect in a non-judgemental way.
- Tap into your intuition and how you truly feel.
- Have fun with it and enjoy the process.
When journaling, you should:
- Set a regular time each day for journaling and keep to it.
- Ask questions about how you are feeling and write these down with your answers.
- Write down your very deepest thoughts and feelings.
- Avoid attaching any blame or guilt to anything that comes up for you.
- Avoid any self-justification. Don’t create excuses in your mind or on paper.
- Avoid becoming self-absorbed. Avoid self-pity. Be neither judge, nor apologist.
- Give yourself permission to just feel how you do and write that down.
- Keep your journal private and secure. Show it to no-one, neither family, best friend, or coach.
Have you ever got up in the morning and just wondered how you ended up with the life you have? Do you feel stuck in the same rut and routine, day after day, week after week, year after year? Are … More…
Here’s the thing, you’re just not going to like everyone you meet. Sometimes, the feeling will be mutual. Sometimes, you meet someone who just gets up your back. You instantly dislike each other and can barely avoid showing it. Other … More…
It is easy to give up the ghost when things don’t go your way. Like me, I know that you have been in situations where a difficult challenge has deflated your motivation and made it hard to keep going. Life … More…
Your beliefs about yourself and your life have more power over you than you can possibly imagine. The ideas and values you have held for a long time can block your way toward the life you truly desire. Here are … More…
If you often have definite ideas about how things are or how you think they should be, you’ve probably been told by someone to “keep an open mind.” Having, or developing, an open mind is important to everyone’s success in … More…
It goes without saying that, with the continuing coronavirus situation, many of us will be feeling powerless and frustrated, not knowing what will happen next or where this will all go. At other points in your life, you’ve no doubt … More…