Meditation can be thought of as:
- A cognitive process, where techniques are used to achieve a clear and calm emotional state.
- An approach of training the mind, which involves maintaining your attention on a single object or thought.
- Helps you improve your understanding of self.
- Positively transforms your thoughts and feelings.
- Clears your mind and improves your mental focus.
- Helps you release attachment to outcomes and things.
- Reduces feelings such as stress, frustration, impatience.
- Has a cumulative positive effect on your emotional state.
When meditating, you should:
- Make more time for you, by taking time to meditate. 5 minutes every day is better than 20 minutes now and again.
- Sit comfortably but upright. If on a chair, your feet should be flat on the ground and your back straight.
- Release any tension in your back and shoulders, keeping your shoulders level.
- Allow your tongue to touch the back of your upper teeth, this helps prevent your mouth from becoming dry.
- Tip your head forward slightly, with your eyes half open, gazing along the top of your nose. This position helps to keep your mind calm.
- Allow yourself to breathe naturally and become aware of thoughts and distractions as they enter your mind. With your out-breath, breathe these away and imagine them vanishing into space.
- As you breathe in, imagine white light from source entering in and filling you full of love and light.
- Continue, while breathing in love and light, and breathing out all negativity and any unwanted thoughts.
- Conclude when it feels right, or your time is finished, or continue with a further technique.
Have you ever got up in the morning and just wondered how you ended up with the life you have? Do you feel stuck in the same rut and routine, day after day, week after week, year after year? Are … More…
Here’s the thing, you’re just not going to like everyone you meet. Sometimes, the feeling will be mutual. Sometimes, you meet someone who just gets up your back. You instantly dislike each other and can barely avoid showing it. Other … More…
It is easy to give up the ghost when things don’t go your way. Like me, I know that you have been in situations where a difficult challenge has deflated your motivation and made it hard to keep going. Life … More…
Your beliefs about yourself and your life have more power over you than you can possibly imagine. The ideas and values you have held for a long time can block your way toward the life you truly desire. Here are … More…
If you often have definite ideas about how things are or how you think they should be, you’ve probably been told by someone to “keep an open mind.” Having, or developing, an open mind is important to everyone’s success in … More…
It goes without saying that, with the continuing coronavirus situation, many of us will be feeling powerless and frustrated, not knowing what will happen next or where this will all go. At other points in your life, you’ve no doubt … More…