Intention Setting can be thought of as:
- Making a statement involving a personally held guiding principle, authentic desire or spiritual ideal.
- A statement expressing purpose, intent and attitude, from a place of personal alignment, feeling and wholeness.
Intention setting involves:
- Looking internally. Intention setting comes from the heart and is based on your internal feelings and desires.
- Thinking about what matters most to you. Finding out what you truly want.
- Letting go of any attachment to a specific outcome and instead, staying in alignment with your values.
- Dealing with any fears or negative thinking that gets in the way of those values.
- Coming from a place of gratitude, for where you are now and where you know you are going.
When Intention setting, you can:
- Connect your intention closely to your core values and thoughts. Your intention should come from your personal perspective.
- Use simple words and phrases that you want to align yourself with. e.g. Give and receive love, bravely step forward, peace and love.
- Make positive intentions, avoiding any negative words such as can’t, won’t. Use ‘start’ not ‘stop’, ‘will’ not ‘won’t’ etc.
- Base your life goals on the intentions you set, allowing their unfoldment without any attachment or feeling any stress attached to them.
- Use S.M.A.R.T. Goals as a process, while staying in alignment with your highest intentions.
Your intentions are the desires behind your goals. This energetic intention sent out to the universe combined with your actions on your goals is what powers their ultimate manifestation.
In this post, I am offering a bit of tough love, for those it may help. There are some things you may not want to hear. That is okay. You will be much better off for knowing them, once you … More…
Surviving for as long as you can is something all ‘life’ naturally strives for, whether human or any other form. But you can miss out on a lot that life has to offer if you spend an unhealthy amount of … More…
Think about all the things you want to do with your life. You carry inside you, dreams, and visions of the kind of future you really want. Think of all those things you want to achieve. And there they sit, … More…
Have you ever got up in the morning and just wondered how you ended up with the life you have? Do you feel stuck in the same rut and routine, day after day, week after week, year after year? Are … More…
Here’s the thing, you’re just not going to like everyone you meet. Sometimes, the feeling will be mutual. Sometimes, you meet someone who just gets up your back. You instantly dislike each other and can barely avoid showing it. Other … More…
It is easy to give up the ghost when things don’t go your way. Like me, I know that you have been in situations where a difficult challenge has deflated your motivation and made it hard to keep going. Life … More…