Meditation can be thought of as:
- A cognitive process, where techniques are used to achieve a clear and calm emotional state.
- An approach of training the mind, which involves maintaining your attention on a single object or thought.
- Helps you improve your understanding of self.
- Positively transforms your thoughts and feelings.
- Clears your mind and improves your mental focus.
- Helps you release attachment to outcomes and things.
- Reduces feelings such as stress, frustration, impatience.
- Has a cumulative positive effect on your emotional state.
When meditating, you should:
- Make more time for you, by taking time to meditate. 5 minutes every day is better than 20 minutes now and again.
- Sit comfortably but upright. If on a chair, your feet should be flat on the ground and your back straight.
- Release any tension in your back and shoulders, keeping your shoulders level.
- Allow your tongue to touch the back of your upper teeth, this helps prevent your mouth from becoming dry.
- Tip your head forward slightly, with your eyes half open, gazing along the top of your nose. This position helps to keep your mind calm.
- Allow yourself to breathe naturally and become aware of thoughts and distractions as they enter your mind. With your out-breath, breathe these away and imagine them vanishing into space.
- As you breathe in, imagine white light from source entering in and filling you full of love and light.
- Continue, while breathing in love and light, and breathing out all negativity and any unwanted thoughts.
- Conclude when it feels right, or your time is finished, or continue with a further technique.
Fear is sneaky. It creeps up on you and finds ways to interfere with your progress. It stops you in your tracks even when you don’t expect it. It justifies and makes excuses, diverting you away from your true path. … More…
Imagine if you could improve how you feel and your ability to focus on improving your life without even trying hard. Changing the way that you ask yourself questions (something we all do constantly, every day) can be one of … More…
With everything going on in the world right now, there is so much fear around. I don’t think there has been a time in my life (I’m nearly 57 as I write this) when I have felt so much fear … More…
In this post, I am offering a bit of tough love, for those it may help. There are some things you may not want to hear. That is okay. You will be much better off for knowing them, once you … More…
Surviving for as long as you can is something all ‘life’ naturally strives for, whether human or any other form. But you can miss out on a lot that life has to offer if you spend an unhealthy amount of … More…
Think about all the things you want to do with your life. You carry inside you, dreams, and visions of the kind of future you really want. Think of all those things you want to achieve. And there they sit, … More…